Wednesday, November 26, 2008

“This can’t continue.” I said as I sat down, bracing myself for what I was about to admit.”I can’t keep lying to you like I have been. I love you too much and each day has been a struggle with myself for how horrible I have been to you.”
“You’ve been wonder...”
“Please. No. I haven’t. I just need to say what I need to say. You need to be angry at me and we have to never speak again. “
He sat down, obviously confused.
“I... I’m not who I say I am. I know this sounds cliche. I am a scam artist, on the run. My name is not Trudy Owens, it’s Samantha Hayes. I stopped my list of horrid deeds just long enough to fall in love with you. That fact that I hurt you is destroying me inside. You are the reason I decided to come clean. I love you too much to keep you. You’re free. Please, I can’t bear to look at you. I hate myself more than anything.”
“I don’t know what to say.”
“I do. Tell me you hate me and that you never want to speak to me again. I want you to. I deserve it.”
“But I don’t hate you. You loved me when no one else did. I’m grateful to be honest.”
“Grateful! It was all lies! I hurt you! Why aren’t you angry?”
“I told you. Please, calm down. You had your reasons.”
“STOP JUSTIFYING ME. I am horrible.” With that, she burst into tears that shook her.

No comments: