Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm sitting here, trying to figure out when my mind went blank and my life went full speed ahead. I have SATs, yes I said it, SATs to take this weekend, and I'm moving away over the summer.
I'm stumped over it all. When did I turn 17? When did I loose my free time? I don't have time to read or sew; to write or draw. I take what I can, and I usually end up grasping at an object in the darkness, just out of reach. But I know it's there, so I long for it, day in and day out.
The rare occasions when I find myself with free time, is when the trouble begins. Thoughts I push out of my mind, creep back, taunting me. Worry. Anger. Regret.

Memory is a bit like a pencil with a cheap eraser. You can try to erase your mistake until your arm is sore, but traces of graphite remain. Your mistake is still visible for others to see, or even if they aren't paying attention, you are.

They say life is short. I'm beginning to see why. It seems as if someone has pressed fast forward on my life.
Job. Eat. Homework. Sleep. School. Repeat.

Maybe humans live so long as a punishment. They have to get to a certain level of pain and regret before they can die. It sounds morbid, but I wouldn't be surprised.
I guess there are enough good points to keep us from going off the deep end. Laughter and falling in love.

Laugh till you fall on the floor.
Then you calm down.
And burst out laughing again.
By now you are doubled over and turning an impressive shade of red.

Or

You do something embarrassing but hilarious.
And you have to join in the laughter.
Laughing at the moment.
And the incurable stupidity that links us all.
Makes us human.

No comments: